Time & Location
May 30, 2021, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Kirkwood, 211 N Woodlawn Ave, Kirkwood, MO 63122, USA
About the event
Reconnecting in Worship - May 30, 2021
Reconnecting for In-Person Worship
· Our primary focus beginning, May 30, is to begin gathering in-person for worship with 44 people in the congregation while continuing our virtual/online worship service.
· Worship will be in the sanctuary at 10:30.
· At this time, we ask that only those who have a reservation attend in-person worship.
· For anyone who is not comfortable worshipping in person, the online platform will be available.
Safety Measures for In-Person Worship
· We ask everyone over the age of 2 to wear a face mask.
· One of the ministers or a deacon will be at the front of the church (Woodlawn Entrance) to welcome you and to answer any questions you might have. Other entrances will be locked, and we will utilize these entrances and exits in the building for future plans like Sunday School.
· We will not have childcare during worship as we begin this process.
· Places to sit will be clearly marked allowing for a minimum of 6 feet of distance between “seating pods.”
· “Seating pods” are the designated sitting areas of the pew that can accommodate up to 4 people.
Arriving for In-Person Worship
· We are asking everyone to enter via the Woodlawn Entrance. Please be mindful that we have some people who have mobility issues. If you do not have mobility issues, please park farther away.
· A minister and/or deacon will be at the front entrance to answer questions, provide guidance, etc.
· Face masks and hand sanitizer will be available for anyone who forgot these at home.
· At this time, we ask that you sit only with your family and that you all arrive together to find your seat.
· Once seated, please remain in your seat until the service has concluded.
During In-Person Worship
· SINGING: Yes, you can sing. Part of the reason we have kept physical distancing and masks as our primary mitigation efforts is to allow for singing in worship. All of us are ready to hear one another sing, even those of us who don’t sing so well!
· RESTROOMS: We would prefer that you use the restroom before coming to worship while realizing that restrooms are needed. When you leave the sanctuary to use the restroom, please exit on the organ side of the sanctuary and re-enter on the piano side.
· OFFERING: We will take up an offering during worship, plates will not be passed. Instead, we will have 3 deacons, one per aisle, walk down the aisles with plates. If you would prefer, you are still able to send offerings online or via mail.
Leaving In-Person Worship
· After the postlude, please remain in your seat and quiet until you hear the videographer say, “all clear.” There is a delay between the time when worship ends in-person and the time online that necessitates this brief period.
· After you hear, “all clear,” please wait to be dismissed by rows, starting in the back. We ask you to exit from the pews toward the windows and exit the outside doors. If you have questions, please just ask.
· Please refrain from conversing until you have exited the sanctuary and are outside.
Sunday School and Small Gatherings
· We already have some small groups gathering for prayer and study during the week, i.e. Men’s Prayer Group and Youth Girls Bible Study.
· We are putting together a plan for Sunday Schools to return to in-person classes. This plan will attempt to create an equitable use of the building as different class sizes have different needs. More details are coming soon.
· All classes and small groups are still welcome to meet outside on the church grounds as desired at any time.
**KBC is continually monitoring COVID-19 protocols and will make needed changes to this plan as time goes on.