A Place to Begin…
May Day is May 1st—Participate in the tradition of leaving flowers on the doorstep
- Send a picture of flowers using social media
- Leave flowers from your garden on a friend’s porch with a note
Write to a friend explaining why they would love KBC
- Send that note by email
- Send that note by snail mail
Share a sermon you like
- Share the podcast link from the KBC website
- Order a CD to deliver to a friend
Take a picture of a space at KBC that is meaningful to you
- post it on social media
- email the picture to email@example.com
Go to lunch with someone at KBC you don’t know well
- check in and tag all in your group
- Talk about what brought you and keeps you at KBC
Introduce a friend to a “church friend”
- share a post or tweet from a church friend to another friend
- Have a coffee date to introduce new friends
Watch for where you see God at work in your day
- Post or Tweet
- tell whoever you are with at the moment what you saw
Put the #ywlmc logo in your workspace
- Put it on your screensaver
- Put a sticker on your coffee cup
Take a picture of you and your friends at church
- Post and tweet and tag and #ywlmc
- email those pictures to KBC
Sign your messages with #ywlmc
- add #ywlmc to your electronic signature on your personal email account
- Add #ywlmc to your signature when you send any kind of note or postcard
Make a list of three things you love about KBC
- Post on social media
- Tell two friends those three things
Perform a “random act of kindness”
- share your experience on social media
- leave a #ywlmc postcard
Take a video clip of a KBC friend, your family, or yourself saying what you love about KBC
- post it on social media
- show a friend the clip
Ways to use #ywlmc unique to Social Media:
- Check-in to Kirkwood Baptist Church EVERY TIME you come to church
- add #ywlmc to all of your posts and tweets
- Change your profile picture to the #ywlmc logo or a picture of you at KBC.
- Repost and retweet news from KBC that will appear on your timeline.
- Tag KBC in your posts and tweets by adding @KirkwoodBaptist.
- Search #ywlmc on Facebook, Twitter, or even YouTube to see what everyone is saying and posting about why YOU WOULD LOVE MY CHURCH!
Ways to use #ywlmc other than using Social Media:
- Hand out cups of water on a hot summer day with #ywlmc stickers on them
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru line. Leave the #ywlmc postcard for them if possible.
- Send #ywlmc postcards to all you know.
- Give a #ywlmc grocery bag to the people with you in the check out lane
- Give away a #ywlmc flash drive (coming in August)
When you use, “You would LOVE my church” be sure to tell on yourself! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your story and any pictures or video clips so we can share it! You might just have the idea someone else needs!