Saturday, October 1, 2016
The 9th Annual Hands On Kirkwood (HOK), a local volunteer one day mission blitz, held on Saturday, October 3, 2015 experienced incredible results.
Among the accomplishments:
- 100’s of volunteers giving their time and effort to make this a success
- Over 35 Home Projects completed with more than 80 volunteers
- Recycled over 23,000 pounds of electronic waste diverted from our landfills
- A record 80 boxes of food donated for the local food pantry KirkCare
- A truckload of baby care items donated for Nurses for Newborns
- Enough food donations to kick start the Brown Bag Café, a new food pantry for St Louis Community College at Meramec students in need
- 8,500 winter clothing items collected, sorted and given to those in need
- Kids able to “shop” free among 100’s of donated toys including bikes, books, puzzles, sports equipment, and stuffed animals
- Two huge trees removed from the historic Father Dickson Cemetery before they fell and damaged gravesites
- Threw an afternoon party for our senior friends at Kirkwood House
- Almost 50 cars checked and fixed for safety issues
- Surpassed 2,000 Facebook friends!
- Smiles, relationships made, community spirit too many to count!
Join us next year on Saturday, October 1, 2016!
Hands on Kirkwood is a one-day mission blitz of our local community. A day when every member of the community is encouraged and empowered to go and to serve. All of us have heard the statement, “It is better to give than to receive.” Most of us believe this statement, but few of us find an intentional way to live it out on a daily basis. Hands on Kirkwood is that intentional way. It is a simple way – just sign-up - to serve neighbors in need. Neighbors in need of a friend, neighbors in need of yard work, neighbors in need of home repairs, neighbors in need of a smile, neighbors in need of a clothes or a blanket.
Connect with Hands on Kirkwood:
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
Enjoy our pictures.
To Volunteer, sign ups will begin in August, 2016.
To see a list of Community Events from HOK 2015, Click here.
Please mark your calendar and plan to be a part of this year’s Hands on Kirkwood community-wide day of service.